Terms and Conditions
We really want to offer our customers the best service we possibly can as that’s the only thing that keeps us in business so the below spells out (hopefully in easy to understand language…) how our UK installation package works as well as how the OLEV grants work. If you’ve got any questions or any of the below doesn’t make sense then do please get in touch.
What's included in your installation:
1. 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between your distribution board and the charging socket. We’re not going to charge you extra if it turns out you need a few more metres of cable but if the installation requires a thicker cable or a very long run then we’ll have to charge for this (we supply these to you at cost).
2. All of the fitting and testing of the installation and the protection required for it as well as the documentation & certificates that you’ll need.
3. A 2 hour standard installation slot, either morning, afternoon or evening. Our engineers can overrun a little but do need to get to their next customer on time so we aim to get our installations complete in 2 hours.
4. If the cable needs to be run under floorboards, in ceilings or through more than one wall then we may have to charge for this. We really try deliver an installation you’re pleased with and pride ourselves on our neatness and professionalism so if you make sure you send us some photos of the installation area then we can get this sorted and agreed before we arrive.
5. We can fit the charging unit to a brick, plaster, stone or block wall or another similar permanent structure.
6. Some customers have electrical installations in their house which unfortunately do not meet current legal standards. If this is the case then we may have to fit a new mini consumer unit (£45) a Henley block (£15) or upgrade your Gas, Water or Earth Bonding (£10 per metre).
7. Our installers are out in their vans all day so we ask our customers to provide somewhere for them to park and welfare facilities.
Every now and then problems can arise when we come to install your charger. These can nearly always be avoided so if you can think of any reason why we might not be able to complete your installation on the day please let us know as soon as possible.
The OLEV grant
All of the electric vehicle chargers we supply and install are approved by OLEV (Office for Low Emission Vehicles). This means that customers can receive up to £350 off the cost of the charger and the installation through an OLEV grant. You must meet the criteria below in order to be eligible for the grant, if your installation is not eligible then please contact us and we can arrange a quote for you.
OLEV grant criteria:
1. You must own or lease an electric vehicle, have ordered an electric vehicle or have an electric company car.
2. You must have acquired the vehicle after 1st October 2016
3. You intend to keep the vehicle for at least 6 months
4. The car is on the OLEV approved vehicle list which can be found here (don’t worry almost all electric cars are on the list!) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/electric-vehicle-homecharge-scheme-approved-chargepoint-model-list
5. You have off street parking where the vehicle can be parked and charged e.g. a garage or driveway.
6. If your electric vehicle has not arrived yet your installation date must be less than 4 months ahead of the date of the delivery or start date of the vehicle’s use.
If you are at all unsure about whether you are eligible the please get in touch and we’ll talk it through with you.
Limitation of Liability
No liability of any nature shall be incurred or accepted by EV Domestic for any loss, costs or damage caused by any use and/or misuse of our products, except when caused by our negligence.